“If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it, too?” Well, probably, Mom, if I thought it would make a good story…and if I was sure the bungee cord was tied on really, REALLY tightly.
As a journalist, photographer — and natural coward attempting to conquer my fears through my travel adventures — I’ve paraglided 007-style in the Swiss Alps, walked with lions in Mauritius, swum with sharks in French Polynesia, and dangled from chains on Scotland’s Fife Coastal Path.
My most terrifying challenge, however, was taking ballroom dance lessons in London. Fortunately, that’s the only incident that nearly ended in a bloodbath.
I’ve also worked as a television news producer in the Cayman Islands and as a freelancer for People and Teen People magazines. These days, beyond travel, my favourite topics include:
- The kind you drink, that is, not the ones that go bump in the night.
- Home and Garden / Design and Architecture
- My articles have appeared in magazines including Better Homes and Gardens, BRITAIN, and HOME. I also published The Orvis Book of Cabins with The Lyons Press/Globe Pequot.
- I write about designer outlet malls for The International Outlet Journal and Value Retail News.
The sidebars to the right feature links to:
- Some of my published travel articles, which have appeared in UK, US, and Canadian newspapers and magazines
- Recent blog posts
- Photography websites where you can view and purchase my photos
Specialty topics: Travel writing and photography; wine, beer and spirits; home design and decor; retail.